Great Recipes from our Community
Easy Breezy Summer Gazpacho
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT
Per serving: 87 calories, 4g fat, 12g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 3g protein
F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING
Per Serving: 0g carbohydrate, 4g fiber
- Serves Serves 4
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
Summer may be winding down, but it’s not too late to take advantage of the season’s best veggies. Days and nights are still steamy, so chill out and with a light, flavorful, and nutritious bowl of gazpacho. Enjoy!
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped, peeled and seeded
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup onion. chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, sliced to garnish
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Puree tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar, oil, and salt in a blender until very smooth, strain if you want an extra silky consistency.
- Chill for an hour and serve cold. Garnish with thinly sliced basil leaves and freshly cracked black pepper.
Got some other vegetables from your garden? Throw em in! Try it out and let us know what worked for you!