“A common thread among the diets I created was a high fiber content,” Tanya says. “Fiber helps to lower cholesterol and slow down the digestion of carbohydrates, therefore avoiding sharp increases in blood sugar levels. Patients not only saw improvements in their conditions, but also lost weight across the board!”
So, aside from encouraging her reader’s to eat the once forbidden fiber, what else makes this diet different from the rest? Dieters don’t really have to consider anything “off limits”. Her F-Factor diet urges eating a combination of protein, fats, and carbohydrates at every meal. These healthy combinations not only make them great diet meals, but also make them great meals to feed the entire family. “No longer does mom have to sit at home defrosting her pre-portioned diet meal while the rest of her family enjoys a delicious dinner” Tanya stated. The diet is about incorporating the healthy lessons into your lifestyle. So, if your lifestyle includes dining out, alcohol or even dessert you are encouraged to have these things as long as they are enjoyed in moderation.
In an effort to help her F-Factor followers live the lifestyle a little easier, Tanya created F-Factor products, a line of food that she says, “are designed to make reaching your daily fiber goals effortless.” Some of these foods include high fiber cereal in delicious flavors like Mini Cinnamon O’s, and grab and go bars in flavors ranging from Banana Walnut to Fudge Brownie!
If you find that you are not the grab and go meal kind of gal, Tanya shared some additional tips for easy food choices that can improve your health and cause a dip in those numbers on the scale.
- Add some berries – 1 cup of raspberries contains 8 grams of fiber!
- Choose whole wheat bread – swapping your white bread for wheat bread will not only up your fiber count but is healthier overall. Look for 100% whole wheat with at least 5 grams of fiber per slice.
- Bring on the popcorn – say no to pretzels and Chex Mix and YES to air popped pop corn. You will save yourself TONS of calories and gain about 7 grams of fiber for just 4 cups. Got a sweet tooth? Try adding a little cinnamon to your popcorn for a sweet metabolism boosting snack!
- Go green… with Pistachios – these little wonder nuts have the highest fiber content of any other nut and less fat.
Ready to dig in? Get the latest from F-Factor by signing up for our weekly newsletter, and you’ll receive tools and tips, recipes, and more. Visit www.FFactor.com inside you’ll find:
- F-Factor Recipes: Delicious recipes that taste as good as they make you feel.
- F-Factor Approved Menus: Navigate any menu with ease.
- Factor-In/ Factor-Out: The best tasting, healthy alternatives to satisfy any craving.
- Did You Know? Tanya’s take on the latest nutrition news and how it affects you.
To order Tanya’s F-Factor products, log onto www.FFactor.com and look for a store near you!
Skinny Mom Fact: The American Dietetic Association recommends that women consume 25-35 grams of fiber a day; however, the average American woman only consumes between 9-11 grams. C’mon girls, time to embrace saying YES to food again!