The title of this recipe alone probably made you feel a little, well, melty…Don’t have a waffle maker? This chocolate batter makes for equally-as-delicious high-fiber pancakes too. #FFACTORAPPROVED
INGREDIENTS (serves 1):
For the waffle:
- 4 high fiber GG crackers, pulverized
- Egg whites of 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet Truvia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
For the raspberry sauce:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 packets Truvia (or other nonnutritive sweetener, optional)
- Turn waffle maker on to heat.
- In a blender pulverize GGs into a powder or flour-like consistency.
- Add egg whites, Truvia, cocoa powder, vanilla, and cinnamon to blender and pulse until ingredients are well combined into a batter.
- Once waffle maker is ready, coat both sides with non stick cooking spray. Pour batter in and follow directions on waffle maker to cook waffle to desired doneness.
- While waffle is cooking, prepare raspberry sauce by placing raspberries, water and nonnutritive sweetener in a small pot over low heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork.
- Remove waffle from waffle maker and top with warm raspberry sauce.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 47g carbohydrate, 28g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 1): 241 calories, 18g protein, 47g carb, 28g fiber, 19g net carb, 6g sugar, 3g fat, 4mg sodium