Satisfy your Saturday morning sweet tooth guilt-free with a healthy and delicious cinnamon blueberry muffin!
INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1-¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups Kellogg’s All-Bran Bran Buds cereal
Special equipment: 12-cup muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, mix cereal and milk. Let the mixture stand for 2minutes to allow the cereal to soften.
- Beat egg whites and add to cereal mixture. Add the honey, canola oil and lemon peel, and stir to combine. Add the blueberries, then the dry ingredients, and stir until mixed.
- Pour the batter into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 29g carbohydrate, 5g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 12): 157 calories, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein, 5 g total fat, 0g sat. fat, 195 mg sodium
Subscribe free to The F-Factor Weekly for great product tips, nutrition news you can use, diet-friendly recipes, and new restaurant reviews.