February 28 is National Pancake Day! Want to participate? Make pancakes the F-Factor way: a good source of fiber and protein, and lower in calories! Swap in nonfat Greek yogurt for oil and high fiber cereal and oats instead of white flour. #FFACTORAPPROVED
Ingredients (serves 1):
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup crushed high fiber cereal
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Greek plain non-fat yogurt
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- nonstick cooking spray
#TANYATIP: For an extra fiber boost, add chia or flax seeds to batter, too.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined.
- If the batter is too thick, add another Tbsp almond milk.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Once skillet is heated, spoon 1/4 batter to form pancakes cook over medium heat until golden brown, flipping each pancake when bubbly.
Per serving: 275 calories, 12 grams fiber, 19 grams protein