A chilly night calls for a chili-night! With two type of meats (ground sirloin and chuck-eye steak), kidney beans and Adobe peppers for a kick, this homemade chili recipe is loaded with protein and fiber, making it 100% #FFACTORAPPROVED!
INGREDIENTS (serves 10):
- Nonstick spray
- 1 Large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic cloves (about 10 large)
- 3/4 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound chuck-eye steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- Coat a large stockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Place over high heat. Add the onion and cook five minutes, stirring often, until onions are opaque. Add the garlic cloves and saute for another minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Add chuck-eye cubes to skillet, and sauté over medium-high heat minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and stir. Cover and cook on medium heat for half-hour.
- Serve with the following: Nonfat Greek yogurt, diced red onion, cilantro, low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Per Serving (1 cup): 245 calories, 10g fat, 17g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 23g protein