Breakfast is served!
Ingredients (serves 12):
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, flaxseed, baking soda, powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix! Use a spatula to stir in raspberries*. Set aside.
- Prepare crumb mixture – In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Use your fingers or a fork to add the butter to the mixture and mix until small crumbs remain.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with the crumb mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until just set and golden on top. Let cool slightly before eating.
*Feel free to substitute raspberries with blueberries, or blackberries.
Recipe is considered Step 2 on the F-Factor Diet
Nutritional content per serving (1 muffin): 232 calories, 9g Fat, 31g Carb, 4g Fiber, 13g Sugar, 6g Protein