This position has been filled. We are no longer accepting applications.
We’re constantly looking for new talent to join our team in NYC. Please see details for current position below. If interested, or know someone who might be, please submit candidacy with resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please do not inquire via social media. Applications submitted over social media will not be considered.
F-Factor founded by Tanya Zuckerbrot, M.S, R.D. in 2002, is a fast-growing health & wellness company that offers the most liberating, scientifically-proven approach to weight loss and optimal health. Based upon the bestselling book, The F-Factor Diet, F-Factor corrects the fundamental issue of fad diets by teaching people how to eat for life.
F-Factor is comprised of two divisions, a private practice offering one-on-one nutritional and weight loss counseling and an E-commerce business selling F-Factor branded consumer goods.
F-Factor is looking for an Office Manager for its NYC Corporate Office. The role will require daily interaction with all employees and clients and will report to the COO. This is a high visibility position among a corporate office of approximately 15 employees with a vibrant private practice. As such, both senior management, staff and customers will look to the Office Manager as a key problem solver as well as a vocal advocate of the company’s goals.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Manage reception area staffing and services to ensure the highest standards of personal, telephone and mail communications both internally and externally.
- Supervise and work side by side with the Client Services coordinator to ensure proper level of service is provided to clients and potential customers.
- Supervise and coordinate overall administrative activities for the corporate office.
- Serve as coordinator for Central Filing System and document management software.
- Supervise the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities. Coordinate office moves as necessary.
- Negotiate the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing employee building access keys, etc.) and careful coordination with IT personnel to ensure continuous operation of regional computer systems.
- Develop accurate annual budget and review/report monthly status of expenses.
- Provide new employee orientation of company policies and benefits and coordinate “Day 1” employee materials of computer equipment, access keys, etc.
- Recommend new practices and initiatives to promote a positive corporate culture to all employees
- Coordinate corporate events (holiday party, team building activities).
- Participate as needed in special department projects.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of previous experience in office management
- At least two years of front desk/switchboard/telephony and/or customer service experience
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a medical environment with a working knowledge of HIPAA regulations a plus
- Professional appearance and manner
- Working knowledge of mail processes and contracting practices, such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Computer literacy, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel, and confidence with learning new software applications
- Ability to manage staff (supervisory experience)
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to delegate as well as work independently in a multi-task environment
- Ability to work in high-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment
- Ability to lift 10-25 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate software via computer; and communicate, collect and present information to colleagues, superiors and outside parties. The employee is required to frequently identify, distinguish, judge and assess information from various sources such as written documentation or electronic documentation. The employee is occasionally required to move and traverse throughout the office.
In addition to a competitive salary and performance bonus, F-Factor offers an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, generous PTO and holiday schedule, and 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Diversity makes us better.