Communications/Social Media Intern
NYC Beginning Fall 2017
Job Description: We are currently seeking a qualified intern candidate to participate in our unpaid Internship Program within the Marketing Department.
Primary Duties: The Communications/Social Media Intern will be responsible for driving strategic thinking across F-Factor by adapting our Communications and Social Media marketing strategies to reflect changes in consumer behavior, technology, platforms, and the competitive landscape. Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Creates compelling user-generated content and recognizes patterns in user feedback. •
- Identifies opportunities within the community and report as needed to management staff.
- Collaborate with Manager to optimize local and national social media efforts.
- Produce content to maximize engagement.
- Maintain awareness of new social media marketing techniques being used by others, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop existing communities.
- Analyze results to ensure that insights are integrated into current and future strategies, as well as develop frameworks to help refine our Social Media strategies.
- Scan news feeds and conduct searches for interesting articles, blog posts, and key topics to reveal timely and relevant content opportunities.
- Assist team with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Strong understanding of Social Media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Wikis, Blogs, Pinterest, etc.
- Highly organized, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative and flexible work style.
- Strong leadership, project management and presentation skills.
- Excellent reporting and analytic skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and thorough understanding of marketing, advertising and promotional principles.
- Genuine interest in nutrition, health/wellness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must have own laptop to bring to the office
Please email resume and a short paragraph about yourself and why you think you are the right fit for this internship to [email protected] and include Communications/Social Media Internship in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.