Feel free to add your favorite vegetables or leave out ones you don’t like.
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups peeled baby carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups celery, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 zucchini, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (16-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Lightly coat a large stockpot with nonstick cooking spray and place over high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 additional minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, chicken broth, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Optional, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve.