INGREDIENTS (serves 3):
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup (2 scoops) Unflavored 20/20 FIBER/PROTEIN Powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- Remove stem onion and set onion on flat side. Cut an inch from the root down, into 12 to 16 sections, being careful not to cut all the way through. Flip over and gently pull out sections of onion to separate petals.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites. In another shallow bowl, whisk together wheat bran, 20/20 powder and spices that it is a well-combined dry mix.
- Dip onion into egg wash, then dredge in dry mix, using a spoon to fully coat.
- Coat both the basket of the air fryer and the onion with olive oil spray and place onion in basket. Set air fryer to 375°F and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until onion is tender all the way through.
- Remove from basket and drizzle with additional extra virgin olive oil/spray if desired.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVINGServes 3, 1/3 onion per serving. This is a Step 1 Approved Recipe.