INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups all-natural low-sodium chicken broth
- Coat a large Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat to heat. Add the chopped onions with salt and pepper to cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (about 8 minutes).
- Add the garlic, celery, salt, pepper, ground mustard, and cayenne pepper to begin to cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add broth and water. Cover and increase heat to high to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add broccoli and cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and allow to simmer until broccoli and cauliflower are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Once broccoli and cauliflower are tender, remove the Dutch oven from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup carefully until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender, puree small batches in a blender, then return to pot.
- Add 20/20 powder and blend again until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into bowls to serve. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and cheddar cheese.