INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- 7 egg whites
- 1 whole eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 scoops) Vanilla or Unflavored 20/20 FIBER/PROTEIN Powder
- 1/8 cup Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Alternative
- 1/2 cup almond flour
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz Greek cream cheese
- 1 scoop Vanilla F-Factor 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 6-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites, whole eggs, coconut oil and Greek yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Batter will be a thinner consistency.
- Divide batter between the 2 prepared cake pans and place in oven to bake. After 10 minutes, lower temperature to 350°F (the initial high temperature activates the baking powder and gives the cake a fluffy consistency). Bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes to cool before removing from pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cake bakes/ cools prepare frosting by adding the vanilla extract to the Greek cream cheese and mixing thoroughly. Slowly stir in the Fiber/Protein powder in increments until fully incorporated into the icing. Set aside until cake has cooled and frost as desired.
- Once cakes have cooled, spread a layer of frosting atop the bottom layer of cake. Place the second layer atop frosted bottom layer and spread remaining frosting out on top of top layer.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 12, 1/12th cake per serving. This is a Step 1 recipe.
Shop 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powders