INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz Greek cream cheese
- 1 scoop Vanilla F-Factor 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 6-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites, whole eggs, coconut oil and Greek yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Batter will be a thinner consistency.
- Divide batter between the 2 prepared cake pans and place in oven to bake. After 10 minutes, lower temperature to 350°F (the initial high temperature activates the baking powder and gives the cake a fluffy consistency). Bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes to cool before removing from pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cake bakes/ cools prepare frosting by adding the vanilla extract to the Greek cream cheese and mixing thoroughly. Slowly stir in the Fiber/Protein powder in increments until fully incorporated into the icing. Set aside until cake has cooled and frost as desired.
- Once cakes have cooled, spread a layer of frosting atop the bottom layer of cake. Place the second layer atop frosted bottom layer and spread remaining frosting out on top of top layer.