Fill up without filling out with this Step 1 Approved recipe.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (1-in) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 cups all-natural chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Coat a large Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and water.
- Cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add carrots and cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until carrots and cauliflower are very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup carefully until smooth. Alternately, puree small batches in a blender, then return to pot.
- Stir in 20/20 powder, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley or scallions, as desired.