Light n’ fluffy cookies?! Count me in!
INGREDIENTS (serves 7, makes 28 cookies):
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 scoops Chocolate 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar. Using an electric mixer, or stand mixer, whisk on low until frothy (about one minute).
- Raise the speed to medium/high and whisk until egg whites are completely fluffy and create stuff peaks. About 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine 20/20 Fiber/Protein powder, cocoa powder, stevia, vanilla, and warm water. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly and gently fold the chocolate mixture into the beaten egg whites until fully combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter of desired cookie size onto prepared cookie sheet (note: larger meringues will need more cooking time. We used about 1/3 cup per meringue to make 28 meringues).
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours. After 1 1/2 hours, turn off oven completely and let meringues sit in oven to harden for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and store in an air-tight container to keep fresh.