INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) monk fruit sweetener
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup standard-sized muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, 20/20 powder, baking powder, salt, and monk fruit sweetener. Add coconut oil, and water and mix until a dough has formed.
- Divide dough in 4-6 pieces (depending on how many colors you want to use). Add food coloring to each section dough and roll into ball so food coloring is evenly distributed. Place dough balls into bowls, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes to rise. After 10 minutes, place doughs in fridge for 5 minutes to chill (this will make the dough easier to handle).
- While dough chills, prepare cinnamon filling by mixing cinnamon, monk fruit sweetener, coconut oil, and water together in a small bowl until a cinnamon paste has formed.
- Remove dough balls from fridge and place on parchment paper. Roll balls into logs and line logs up alongside each other. Place a piece of parchment paper of equal size on top. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a rectangular shape (~9″ x 12″). Remove top sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a knife, spread cinnamon paste out on dough so that it is evenly coated.
- Starting with the longer side, gently roll dough into a log shape (~12″ long). Using dental floss (or string), divide log into 12 equal-sized pieces.
- Swirl side up, place each piece into each cup of the prepared muffin tin. Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- While the buns bake, prepare the icing by whisking all icing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once buns have baked for 25 minutes, remove from oven and drizzle with icing. Optional, garnish with sprinkles. Serve warm.
*To make Step 1, have half of 1 cinnamon bun.