INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup standard-sized muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, 20/20 powder, baking powder, salt, and monk fruit sweetener. Add coconut oil, and water and mix until a dough has formed.
- Roll dough into a ball, place into a bowl, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes to rise. After 10 minutes, place dough in fridge for 5 minutes to chill (this will make the dough easier to handle).
- While dough chills, prepare cinnamon filling by mixing cinnamon, monk fruit sweetener, coconut oil, and water together in a small bowl until a cinnamon paste has formed.
- Remove dough ball from fridge and place on parchment paper. Place a piece of parchment paper of equal size on top. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a rectangular shape (~9″ x 12″). Remove top sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a knife, spread cinnamon paste out on dough so that it is evenly coated.
- Starting with the longer side, gently roll dough into a log shape (~12″ long). Using dental floss (or string), divide log into 12 equal-sized pieces.
- Swirl side up, place each piece into each cup of the prepared muffin tin. Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- While the buns bake, prepare the icing by whisking all icing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Once buns have baked for 25 minutes, remove from oven and drizzle with icing. Serve warm.
*To make Step 1, have half of 1 cinnamon bun.