With a bright pop of sweet citrus flavor, these lemon bars are a real treat!
INGREDIENTS (serves 9):
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol (or other powdered non-nutritive sweetener)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (2 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) pan with parchment paper, hanging over the sides. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling by combining the almond flour, 20/20 powder and erythritol together in a medium bowl. Whisk in the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continuing whisky until well combined. Set aside.
- Make the crust by combining the almond flour, coconut flour, 20/20 powder, sea salt, and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and egg whites. Fold the wet mixture into the dry until dough forms. (The dough should be pliable but not crumbly or stiff; add a little more almond milk, a teaspoon at a time, if it’s dry).
- Press the dough into the lined pan creating about ½ thick crust. Place in oven to bake for about 13-16 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Remove the crust from oven, and immediately pour the filling over the crust.
- Return to oven to bake for an additional 15-18 minutes, or until filling is set, but still soft.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, without moving or cutting. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- Cut into 9 squares.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 9, 1 square per serving. This is a Step 2 approved recipe.