Just like traditional linzer tart cookies, but with almost 100 calories less a piece, these ones are a real treat!
INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (2 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup sugar free raspberry jam (or any fruit flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, 20/20 powder, sea salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and egg whites until well combined. Pour mixture into the medium bowl and fold until a dough forms (dough should
be pliable but not crumbly or stiff; add a little more almond milk, a teaspoon at a time, if too dry).
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After one hour, remove dough from fridge and place on parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper atop dough and using a rolling pin, roll dough out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Using a 3 inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookie rounds and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Gather the scrap dough, roll, and repeat until you have 24 cookie rounds.
- For 12 of the cookies, take a smaller round cookie cutter, about 1 inch, and cut a peekboo cutout in the center of the cookie.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake cookies for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled smear 1 tsp of jam on the round cookies that don’t have the cutout, and place a cookie with a peekaboo cutout on top of each to create a cookie sandwich.
- Sprinkle with sweetener of your choice, and enjoy.
*If on Step 1, have half or treat as a mindful indulgence, if journals allow, for dessert.