INGREDIENTS (serves 4, 1/2 cup per serving):
MAC & CHEESE
- 8 oz (1 bag) small dry Fiber Gourmet “Light Elbows”
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 oz Greek cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp dry ground mustard seed (powder)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 scoops) Unflavored 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 6 oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 6 oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
20/20 “BREAD” CRUMBS
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) Unflavored 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp oil (olive, vegetable or canola)
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9X9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a large pot of salted water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add dried pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan on low heat. Add the almond milk, Greek cream cheese, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and whisk together. Allow mixture to simmer and whisking continually until sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in 20/20 powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Add cooked pasta to the pot and toss with sauce until covered. Slowly fold in the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Prepare 20/20 breadcrumbs by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Place in oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown.