INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
MAC & CHEESE
- 8 oz (1 bag) small dry “Light Elbows” by Fiber Gourmet
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 oz Greek cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp dry ground mustard seed (powder)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp truffle zest
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 scoops) Unflavored 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
20/20 TRUFFLE “BREAD” CRUMBS
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) Unflavored 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp truffle oil
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Lightly coat a 9X9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a large pot of salted water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add dried pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan on low heat. Add the almond milk, Greek cream cheese, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt, truffle zest, truffle oil, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and whisk together. Allow mixture to simmer and whisking continually until sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in 20/20 powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Add cooked pasta to the pot and toss with sauce until pasta is covered. Fold in the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Prepare 20/20 breadcrumbs by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Set oven to broil and place in oven for 2-5 minutes, or until top is golden brown.