INGREDIENTS (serves 4, ~1 cup per serving):
MAC & CHEESE
- 1 (8-oz) bag Fiber Gourmet Light Elbows
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dash soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 scoops) 20/20 Plant-Based FIBER/PROTEIN Powder
- 6 oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 6 oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
20/20 “BREADCRUMB” TOPPING
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) 20/20 Plant-Based FIBER/PROTEIN Powder
- 2 Tbsp oil (olive, vegetable or canola)
- 1 Tbsp grated dairy-free Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Lightly coat a baking dish or 4 small ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Set oven to broil to preheat.
- Place a pot of salted water over medium heat to bring to a boil, add dried pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan over low heat. Add the almond milk, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, soy sauce, turmeric and Dijon and whisk continually, while mixture simmers, until sauce thickens (~5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add 20/20 powder and whisk until well combined.
- Pour sauce over cooked, drained pasta, tossing so pasta is evenly coated. Add the cheddar and mozzarella cheese, and drained pasta. Stir to combine and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Prepare 20/20 breadcrumbs by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over macaroni and cheese before placing in the oven to broil for 2 to 5 minutes, or until top is golden brown.