The second runner up for our 2020 Muffin Mania Contest is Michelle Madison of @mishnutrish for this muffin recipe. Congrats, Michelle!
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 1 cup (4 scoops) 20/20 Vanilla Fiber/Protein Powder
- 2/3 cups of Fine Wheat Bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 small-medium banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a standard sized 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (recipe yields 12 large muffins). Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet muffin ingredients together, including the banana. Pour dry ingredients in and whisk until a well combined, lump-free batter is formed.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins and sprinkle with basil seeds. Place in oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown.