Made with riced broccoli and cauliflower this take on creamy risotto is much lighter than your traditional risotto.
INGREDIENTS (serves 5):
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Prepare pesto by adding the basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and 20/20 powder to a food processor or blender and pureeing. Once pureed, scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add the olive oil and chicken broth. Continue to process until smooth, set aside.
- Lightly coat a medium-sized skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium here. Add riced cauliflower and broccoli to cook until tender, stirring regularly with a spatula.
- Once tender, remove from heat and stir in pesto sauce until the broccoli-cauliflower mix is well coated.
- Garnish with fresh basil and additional parmesan cheese, as desired.