Twirl your fork right into this! Made with F-Factor Unflavored 20/20 FIBER/PROTEIN powder and low sodium chicken broth instead of oil and pine nuts, this Step 2 recipe is much lighter than traditional pesto pasta.
INGREDIENTS (serves 5):
- 1 (10-oz) bag (7 1/2 cups, dried) Al Dente Carba-Nada Egg Fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook fettuccini according to package directions, until al dente. Remove from heat, drain water and set aside.
- While water boils and fettuccini cooks, prepare pesto sauce by adding the basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and 20/20 powder to a food processor or blender and pureeing. Once pureed, scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add the olive oil and chicken broth. Continue to process until smooth.
- Add pesto sauce to fettuccini and mix until fettuccini is well-coated.
- Plate and garnish with fresh parsley and additional parmesan cheese, as desired.