This irresistibly spicy and creamy pasta dish is a vegan #FFACTORAPPROVED take on Carbone’s world famous Spicy Rigatoni Vodka
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes, drained of excess liquid
- 5 Tbsp salt (+ more, to taste)
- 2 Tbsp granulated monk fruit sweetener
- Place a large saucepan over low heat. Add olive oil and onions and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, monk fruit sweetener, chili and vodka if using. Stir and allow mixture to simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, boil pasta in a pot of well-salted water and cook according to package directions, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain pasta and set both aside.
- Pour almond milk and Plant-Based 20/20 Powder into a blender and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove sauce from the heat, and stir in the almond milk-20/20 mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add the cooked pasta and 2 Tbsp of pasta water to the saucepan, tossing to coat pasta in the sauce. Continue adding 2 Tbsp pasta water at a time until desired sauce consistency is achieved.
- Serve warm.
WITHOUT VODKA WITH VODKA