No air-frier? No problem! You can bake chicken in regular oven or cook on the stove – chicken will still be delicious and fiber-packed!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1 cup wheat bran
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- If air-fryer requires preheating, preheat to 400°F.
- Prepare crispy coating by combining wheat bran, chopped pecans, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside. Pour egg whites in a separate bowl and place beside dry-mixture bowl.
- One at a time, dip each chicken breast into egg whites, and then into the dry mixture to coat both sides.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and place coated chicken breasts in basket piece by piece so they do not overlap.
- If air-fryer does not require preheating, set air-fryer to 400°F and cook chicken for cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Remove from air-fryer and plate and serve as desired.