Congratulations to our F-Factor 20/20 Chocolate Muffin Making Contest Winner: Sarina Shalom (@sarinashalom) who created an #FFACTORAPPROVED twist on an Almond Joy Bar. Her recipe has the sweet combination of chocolate, coconut and almond without the sugar, fat and calories of this traditional candy. Sarina lives in Brooklyn, NY and has a passion for cooking and baking in her spare time. She shares her recipes on her food-focused page @sarina_shalom.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 8 egg whites
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt (So Delicious)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a standard sized 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (recipe yields 12 large muffins).
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, mashed banana, yogurt and coconut oil.
- In a separate cup, pour 1 tablespoon of boiling water onto the instant coffee and whisk until dissolved. Pour into bowl with wet ingredients along with vanilla and almond extract.
- Add in the 20/20 powder, cocoa, GG crumbs/wheat bran, and baking powder, and whisk until just combined (be careful not to over mix or it’ll toughen up the batter).
- Pour the batter into prepared 12 muffin tin cups, almost to the top.
- Sprinkle just about 1 tsp of coconut flakes and 1 tsp sliced almonds atop each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are nice and golden.