Low in fat, high in fiber and antioxidants, this cake will definitely be a crowd pleaser at your July 4th BBQ! This cake is easy to make and will look colorful and festive for the occasion.
INGREDIENTS (serves 16):
- 14 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups (8 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Truvia
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a 9×13 inch pan by lining with parchment paper and lightly coating with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Combine egg whites, whole eggs, coconut oil and Greek yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix until smooth. Batter will be a thinner consistency.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and place in oven to bake. After 10 minutes, lower temperature to 350°F (the initial high temperature activates the baking powder and gives the cake a fluffy consistency). Bake for another 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, frost cake with whipped topping. Place blueberries in a square in the corner and arrange raspberries as stripes to make an American flag. Chill until serving.