Bring the flavors of fall to your holiday table with this twist on stuffing, which makes a perfect accompaniment to chicken, turkey or pork. #FFACTORAPPROVED
INGREDIENTS (serves 12):
- 1 ½ cups bulgur
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 ½ cups dried apricots, diced
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook bulgur according to package direction, omitting butter or oil in preparation. Set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick spray, cook onions and celery 5-7 minutes until tender but not brown (add water or additional broth if mixture begins to dry out). Add apricots, currants, chicken broth, and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place cooled bulgur in a large, ovenproof dish. Pour onion mixture and orange juice over top. Fold in almonds. Toss lightly to combine.
- Place baking dish in center rack of oven, covered, and bake for 30 minutes.