All hail the All Mighty! Our ‘Cado has got it all, and then some! By using egg whites in our mash, protein levels go up, calories and fat go down, and texture and flavor remain deliciously awesome. The best part, it’s still Instagram-worthy. For even more protein, use Healthy Joy Bakes Omega Power Bread. For even more fiber, use high-fiber crackers like GG Scandinavian Crispbreads.
Ingredients (Serves 3):
- 1 large hard boiled egg, cooled and peeled
- Egg whites from 2 large hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled (yolk discarded)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 of a small lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Carbohydrate Base – Use either:
- 2 slices of Healthy Joy Bakes Omega Power Bread*, or
- 3 high-fiber GG bran crispbreads
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- Red pepper flakes
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Lightly toast your carbohydrate base (toast or crackers), set aside.
- Prepare mash: Quarter/ halve the hard boiled eggs, discarding the yolk from 2 of the eggs (and keeping the yolk from 1). Place the hard boiled egg whites and remaining yolk in a small bowl, along with the sliced avocado, dijon mustard, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Mash with the back of a fork until fully combined and desired consistency is achieved.
- Take toast of choice (2 slices of Healthy Joy Bakes Omega Power Bread or 3 GG crackers) and top each with beefsteak tomato slice. Spoon avocado mixture atop tomato and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- If using Healthy Joy Bakes Omega Power Bread, cut into each thirds when serving (2 small pieces per serving). If using GG crackers, serve 1 cracker per serving. Plate alongside lemon wedge. Serve immediately and eat the same day you prepare it.
Nutritional content of entire mash (no carbohydrate base): 225 calories, 14 g protein, 11 g carb, 6 g fiber (5 g net carb), 2 g sugar, 15 g fat
Nutritional content per serving with GG crackers (serves 3): 103 calories, 7 g protein, 12 g carb, 6 g fiber (6 g net carb), 1 g sugar, 6 g fat
Nutritional content per serving with Healthy Joy Bakes Omega Power Bread (serves 3): 131 calories, 11 g protein, 8 g carb, 4 g fiber (4 g net carb), 1 g sugar, 7 g fat
*Healthy Joy Bakes Omega Power Bread ships nationally. To order click here – Use coupon code “FFACTOR” at checkout to receive $2 off your order.