Traditionally prepared crab cakes are often loaded up with fiber-less breadcrumbs or panko and can even be fried. We’ve created an #ffactorapproved version with a secret ingredient to ensure you’re meeting your daily fiber needs. Serve as an appetizer, or have over a salad as your lean protein.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 oz (1/2 lb) jumbo lump crab meat, drained and shells removed
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, dijon, lemon juice, paprika, and black pepper until well combined.
- Stir in yogurt, crab, wheat bran, garlic and green onion until just combined.
- Form mixture into 8 patties and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
PER SERVING: PER CRAB CAKE (recipe yields 8 crab cakes):
PER CRAB CAKE (recipe yields 8 crab cakes):