Would you believe this type of chocolatey goodness is less than 200 calories?! It’s true, created by Tanya Zuckerbrot for a Zico event with Jessica Alba, this recipe for #FFACTORAPPROVED recipe for chocolate sorbet is only 180 calories per serving!
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- 2 1/2 cups Zico Chocolate Premium Coconut Water
- 1 cup stevia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 oz finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, whisk together chocolate coconut water, stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder and pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil whisking frequently, let boil and continue to whisk for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in finely chopped bittersweet chocolate until it’s melted, then stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 15 seconds. Chill the mixture thoroughly by placing it in the freezer then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the instructions. (If the mixture has become too thick to pour into your machine, whisk it vigorously to thin it out.)
Nutritional content per serving (serves 8): 174 calories, 4 g protein, 14 g carb, 6 g fiber (8 g net carb), 3 g sugar, 12 g fat