Typical scones are LOADED with butter… but not these! For a video tutorial of blueberry scones, click here.
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup (2 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (1 scoop) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Unsweetened almond milk (2 Tbsp – 1/4 cup, depending on how thick you want glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, 20/20 powder, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the almond milk, coconut oil, egg whites, vanilla extract and lemon juice together. Pour mixture into the medium bowl of dry ingredients and fold until a dough forms (dough should be pliable but not crumbly or stiff; add a little more almond milk, a teaspoon at a time, if too dry).
- Once a dough has formed, fold blueberries and rind of 1/2 of lemon into dough.
- Place the dough onto parchment paper and form a disk shape, about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 triangular wedges (like a pie or pizza). Separate pieces about 1 inch apart so they have room to rise. Top with remaining lemon rind. Place in oven to bake for about 20 minutes until golden.
- While scones bake, prepare glaze by whisking glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Once scones are done baking, drizzle glaze evenly over them and allow glazed scones to cool completely (scones and glaze will firm up as they cool).