Your AM just got a lil bit tastier with this cheesy, high-fiber breakfast recipe. Take an hour to prepare and enjoy all week! #FFACTORAPPROVED
Ingredients (Serves 12):
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 8 oz. chicken or turkey sausage
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups egg whites (or egg substitute)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 16-20 high fiber crackers
- 1 cup (4 oz.) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash paprika
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage and mushrooms. Cook 5-10 minutes or until browned, stirring and breaking sausage to crumble. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, egg whites and spices. Stir with a whisk until light and fluffy.
- Break crackers into roughly 1-inch pieces. Add sausage and half of cheddar cheese to milk mixture. Stir to combine. Add cracker pieces and carefully pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking or 3-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spread egg mixture evenly in baking dish, sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove uncooked soufflé from refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes. Sprinkle soufflé with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 120 calories, 5g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 10g protein