Rich in beta-carotene, this butternut squash based recipe takes “hummus” dips to the next level.
Ingredients (Serves 8):
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (or 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash)
- 1/4 cup raw tahini
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional, for garnish & spice)
- If using raw butternut squash, cube and roast butternut squash (coat with nonstick cooking spray and roast on 425 ºF for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through). Allow to cool.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes, to taste, for garnish and spice.
Nutritional content per serving (serves 8): 80 calories, 2g protein, 7g carb, 1g fiber (6g net carb), 1g sugar, 5g fat