Reap the best of the Fall harvest with this Step 2 side dish!
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- 1 large butternut squash (~3 pounds whole or ~4½ cups 1-inch cubes)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet and set aside.
- Peel butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Discard seeds and cut squash into 1-inch cubes (should yield ~4 1/2 cups cubed). Place in bowl.
- Add chopped onion, sage leaves, minced garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, chili powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss so that butternut squash and onions are evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet covered in a single layer and place in oven to bake for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Remove from oven, place in serving dish and top with pomegranate seeds and additional fresh sage for garnish, as desired.