INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 2 1/2 lbs calamari, raw
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 1 bunch celery, chopped into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces (~4-5 cups chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place a medium pot of water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Clean calamari and add to pot to cook until tender, ~20 minutes.
- While calamari cooks, chop bell peppers, and celery into half-inch pieces. Place in large bowl.
- Mince garlic and add to bowl with lemon juice, salt, red wine vinegar and oil. Toss.
- Remove calamari from heat and drain all liquid with a strainer. Rinse with cold water.
- Using a paring knife, slice calamari into 1/4 inch thick strips and add to bowl. Lightly toss so ingredients are evenly coated and place in refrigerator to marinate for ~15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!