This veggie-packed soup is a free food on F-Factor, and with 8g fiber per serving, it’s sure to fill you up, without filling you out. Like it spicy? Kick the heat up a notch by adding a dash of cayenne pepper.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups all-natural chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds carrots (peeled and chopped into 1/2)—you can use a bag of peeled baby carrots
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds, trimmed and broken into small florets)
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley (for garnish) or scallions for garnish
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and water.
- Cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add carrots and cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until carrots and cauliflower are very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup carefully until smooth. Alternately, puree small batches in a blender, then return to pot.
- Add salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with chopped parsley and sea salt and pepper to taste.
THE F-FACTOR DIET NUTRITIONAL CONTENT FOR JOURNALING: 0g carbohydrate, 8g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 6): 117 calories, 7g protein, 24g Carb, 8g Fiber, 2g fat