Comfort food and healthy food don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Rather than ordering carb-heavy, sodium-laden fried rice take out, whip up your own in less than 20 minutes! Fast, easy, delicious, and nutritious – your skinny jeans will thank you.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 3 cups of grated raw cauliflower (*use a cheese grater or food processor)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites) scrambled
- 3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
*Note: Using a cheese grater to grate an entire cauliflower head can be considered a light arm workout
- In a large pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil on a medium/high heat, until onions become soft and transparent. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Next add in peas and carrots. Cook until carrots begin to soften and peas are heated through. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Next stir in scrambled eggs, cauliflower and soy sauce.
- Cook stirring frequently for about 5-7 more minutes.
Nutrition Content per serving (Serves 4): 100 calories, 2g fat, 13g carbs, 4g fiber, 8g protein