This one-pan recipe is a serious crowd pleaser!
INGREDIENTS (serves 5):
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 6 oz (2 links) chorizo chicken sausage
- 6 prawns, heads removed, shells still on
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- Add olive oil to a large paella frying pan (or large deep pan) and place over medium-high heat to heat. Add cubed chicken to cook for 5-7 minutes, or until cubes have crisp golden sides. Add chopped chorizo and cook until the chorizo has began to brown and crisp. Remove from heat and set the chicken and chorizo aside in a bowl.
- Place prawns in pan and return to heat to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until pink. Set aside.
- Add diced onion, garlic and peppers to the pan, sprinkle with salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions and peppers begin to soften. Add the paprika, saffron, white wine vinegar, chicken broth and tomatoes and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add the riced cauliflower. Allow cauliflower to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mussels to the pan (distributing throughout) along with chicken and chorizo and cover to allow mussels to steam open and the cauliflower to cook, ~7-10 minutes (mussels will open and rice becomes tender). After ~7 minutes, sprinkle in peas, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, arrange prawns atop. Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve with lemon/lime wedges, as desired.