Chicken thighs have a meatier taste than breast meat. To keep the fat down, we’ve removed the skin. Flavor stays, fat does not ;).
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced finely
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Add oil to a large Dutch oven and heat over high heat. Season thighs with salt and pepper and add to the Dutch oven. Sautee until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken.
- Add onion, garlic and carrot and cook for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Return chicken to Dutch oven and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and fork tender.