💚 Gimme, gimme chimi chimi! This vibrant green Argentinian sauce is great on lean cuts of red meat, like skirt or flank steak. It may not be #FiberFULL but wow, is this sauce flavorFUL! 💚
INGREDIENTS (serves 12)
- 2 jalapeño chilis
- 2 cups cilantro leaves and sprigs, finely chopped
- 2 cups parsley leaves and sprigs, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (juice from 3 to 4 limes)
- Prepare a grill or turn on a broiler (or gas burner). Char the jalapeños until blackened on all sides and soft, (about 5 minutes). Place them in a small bowl covered with a plate or towel and allow the skins to steam and loosen. Peel, stem, and seed the chilis.
In a food processor or blender, combine the jalapeños, cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, red wine, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse (or blend) until the mixture is a coarse puree. Taste and adjust for salt and blend again.
Serve over steak, as a sauce or use as marinade when prepping.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 12)
FOR JOURNALING ON F-FACTOR: 1g carbohydrate, 1g fiber
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT: 130 calories, 0g protein, 2g carb, 1g fiber, 1g net carb, 0g sugar, 14g fat, 2g sat fat, 202mg sodium.