In contrast to traditional gazpacho, which is pureed, this chunky version is inspired by the utterly delicious recipe served at the Golden Pear in the Hamptons.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3–4 medium tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 large seedless cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- Carefully chop all the vegetables the same small size, then mix in with the Tabasco sauce, tomato juice, oil, optional lime juice, stevia, salt, and pepper.
- Mix and place in refrigerator to chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls and top each one with a cilantro leaf.