INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs 98% fat free ground chicken breast
- 10 oz (~4 cups) sliced White/ Button mushrooms, chopped
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add diced onions to cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add ground chicken to the onions and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Turn stove to high heat, stirring consistently to chicken cooks evenly. Using a meat masher, press the ground chicken to break up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Once chicken has turned white and is starting to brown, lower temperature to medium heat and add mushrooms to the skillet, stirring occasionally.
- Once mushrooms have been cooked, toss in 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro (you should have ~3 Tbsp remaining). Reduce heat to low and cook for another 2 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Spoon cilantro chicken into butter lettuce leave “cups”. Top with chopped water chestnuts and remaining cilantro. Alternatively you can mix the water chestnuts into the cilantro chicken and enjoy on its own, atop a salad or as desired.