Sweet and delicious, these cinnamon-“sugar” walnuts make a great addition to your holiday season. Serve as a dessert or in a candy dish as a treat for guests with their cocktails.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup Stevia (or other nonnutritive sweetener)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon[/twocol_one]
- 3 egg white
- 2 tsp cold water
- 1 cup whole walnuts[/twocol_one_last]
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Lightly coat a rimmed cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the nonnutritive sweetener, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, lightly beat the egg white. Add water and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts and stir until well coated.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the nuts. Toss to coat and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy.
[box]Nutritional content per serving (serves 4): 176 calories, 7g protein, 4g carb, 2g fiber (2g net carb), 0g sugar[/box]