This classic Ukranian beet soup is delicious hot or cold and its main ingredients – cabbage and beets – are major breast cancer fighting foods.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 2 cups shredded or spiralized fresh beets
- 1 cup shredded or spiralized carrots
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (32-oz) container beef broth
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat, Add beets, carrots, onion, water and salt to a large saucepan and place over medium heat to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage and butter; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in lemon juice.
- Top each serving with a dollop of yogurt and dill, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 4 – This is a Step 1 Approved Recipe.