This salad will add beautiful color and tons of antioxidants to your plate.
- 4 large beets, washed, stems removed
- 2 cup carrots, peeled, cooked
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp diced onion
- 4 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Boil beets in water until soft, about 50 minutes.
- Peel and cut into small 1/2″ cubes.
- Cook carrots until tender and cut into bite size cubes.
- Combine diced onion, carrots, beets, mayonnaise, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Stir in salt, pepper and rosemary.
Per Serving (1/2 cup): 45 calories, 2g fat, 6g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 1g protein
Compare with Beet and Goat Cheese salad (1/2 cup): 150 calories, 8g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g protein