You mustn’t be chicken about still loving chicken fingers, and if you thought that dieting entails saying goodbye to your favorite foods, welcome to F-Factor where you can have your cake (or chicken, or whatever), and eat it too. Serve these with F-Factor’s honey mustard dipping sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless chicken tenders (7-8 tenders)
- 1/2 cup wheat bran or 6 GG bran crispbreads pulverized into crumbs (½ cup pulverized GGs)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Rinse boneless tenders and pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- In a shallow dish, combine pulverized GGs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk egg whites. Add sesame seeds and mix to combine. Add
chicken tenders and turn to coat.
- One by one, transfer each tender to the cracker mixture and turn to coat evenly, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake the chicken tenders until golden brown and crispy and no longer pink inside, which will take about 20-25 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING Serves 4, 2 tenders per serving