For a quick and tasty low-fat meal try our crispy oven-baked tilapia – it tastes just like fried fish but is much healthier and simpler. This coating works great on other fish fillets, too! #FFACTORAPPROVED
INGREDIENTS (serves 3):
- 1 Tbsp light/low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 3 (6-oz) raw boneless, skinless tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup wheat bran OR 8 high-fiber GG crackers, pulverized into sprinkles
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a mixing bowl. Coat tilapia in this mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and use to completely cat each side of the tilapia fillets.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the fillets flat in the dish, tucking thinner edges or ends under for more even cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.